Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Man!!!

I know I'm a few days late, but here are a few pictures from each of Lincoln's birthdays. Warning: Paparazzi mom at it again. What can I say, I love pictures and can never pick just one!

I wanted to post these first two that I just found because they show Lincoln wrapped in the blanket that I was talking about in the previous post. That blanket has now become THE blanket that he always has to have. I will probably still be holding onto it twenty years from now!


How was he ever so tiny?!
I realize now that he went through a lot when he was born and he was pretty swollen, but, I still can't help but think that he was one of two of the most beautiful babies ever born! :)

Just twelve short months later...
He was so BIG!!!


Then just two years later,
he's blowing ever so gently on the candles...
at his birthday party at Grandpa and Grandma Bell's house.

On the morning of his birthday, Derek suggested letting him open the gifts from us at home instead of at the park that night. It turned out to be a great idea because he, of course, wanted to open each gift after it was unwrapped so he could check it out.
We took our time and let him play with each one as he went.
"Wow."

As you can tell, trains, trucks, and tracks seem to be THE thing right now.
He was in heaven, and I must admit that it's a little bit of heaven for me too.
Happy kid = happy mom.
That night we had a little park party. Once again, he was in heaven.

Aunt Kim made some yummy cupcakes that looked like ice cream cones.
Thanks again Kim!!!

Is that my baby swinging in a big kid swing?!

And climbing through a rock wall!

Cousin Jack, Aunt Jill, and Uncle Caleb tackling the rock wall.

Amelia even ventured outside of her comfort zone and touched someone other than me!

Would it be a family picture if everyone was looking at the camera and smiling?!
(Autumn - I think you might have said that very same thing before!)
As good as it gets...
Thank you, thank you , thank you to everyone who joined in the birthday celebration! You have made one little boy a very happy kid. I can't wait to see how much he'll grow in the next year. It won't be long and he'll be in pre-school... junior high... driving... graduating... Yikes!!!
Happy Birthday to my favorite little boy in the world!

12 comments:

Rendi said...

Looks like good times all around! They do grow up so fast so enjoy your time. I love the train phase- lots of fun!

My One and Only Thought said...

Oh my gosh! Happy Belated Birthday Lincoln!! I love that family picture - the face Lincoln is pulling is so cute. Haha.

See you soon! :)

curb said...

man, i want a jersey like that.

Bell said...

I have to agree that is one cute little boy and personality to too. Happy Birthday to my little grandson. We love you Lincoln.

Krystal said...

Colby,
Check your closet, you probably have one that you wore when you drove your MR2.

Marie said...

Ok seriously he has turned into quite the little man!! He is so cute!! Your family is so cute:) Gesh it's been forever since i commented on your blog, I have been totally obsessed with facebook LOL!! How are things???

curb said...

whoa whoa whoa, what are you trying to say?

A Rosie Family said...

I love memory lane. That little Lincoln is such a cute little man. Looks like the birthday boy made out great. I love the trains, cars, truck phase.. they can play for hours sometimes!

Love the family picture by the way! I can't even tell you how many we have like that now:)

Me said...

Wish I could tell you the family photos get better when the kids get old enough to follow directions, but no.....

More proof: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Anyway, vute pics - LOVE the one of Amelia and your dad!!

JL

Our Family said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Titel Family said...

Too cute, you have to know that I love little Lincoln. He has the smile that can melt my heart. I wish we could be closer. Glad he had a wonderful birthday.

Caleb and Shae said...

I can't believe it's been that long! He's growing up so fast!