Thursday, March 5, 2009

Memories not to be forgotten

A while back I told myself that I was going to start writing more about the little things that happen in our daily lives because my memory is terrible and seems to get worse with each passing day. I've been slacking off a bit in that department so I figured I'd hurry and write about a couple of things. I still plan on posting about our recent impulse trip to California, but I just don't have the time right now as both kids have been asleep for a while and one is sure to wake up any second now! Oh... there's Lincoln talking right now. Man I'm good! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I felt like snacking on some popcorn and totally loved it when Lincoln came and sat on my lap and we dovoured the entire bowl by ourselves. I felt a little bad for using food to get my child to sit still with me, but I'll take what I can get however I can get it! Besides, it's 94% fat free. Ha!

The second fun moment made me realize that no one is more proud than a parent. Lately Lincoln has been OBSESSED with anything that involves pushing a vacuum, broom, mop, you name it, around. If he sees one anywhere, he has to play with it. It's really rather cute. This morning I was in the bathroom getting ready and he started pushing the mop through the narrow doorway and towards me. When he attempted to turn around and leave the bathroom, the mop was sort of wedged between the wall and the washer/dryer. He began to get frustrated and start to grunt, as he does lately when he's angry, but soon realized that he could simply back out the way he'd come in. As I began to think "My kids a genius!", I hear him say "Beep, beep, beep!" I laughed and wondered who had taught him to say that when he backs up. Not only is my kid a genius, he's hilarious! I love him!

4 comments:

Titel Family said...

I remember when Cody went through that phase of pushing brooms, mops, etc. I think everything kids do at that age is pretty cute. Except poo and barf! And I would bribe Cody with food to sit with me too. I dread the day when Cody wants nothing to do with me. Luckily he still likes to cuddle with me at night when we watch TV before bed and tells Daniel to scoot over.

The Ingebretsen's... said...

That is hilarious. Where do kids come up with that stuff!!!!??

T&K SMITH said...

I loved that story! What a cute boy that is so funny I love the sounds little boys make:)

Grandma Tamie said...

Of course he's a genius. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. He is SO CUTE! Wait till I tell Grandpa that he gives a back up signal!