
Amelia turned two months on the 19th of November and I took her in for her check-up and shots. While I waited for the doctor to come in, she began flippin' out the way she normally does. I started to get anxious because I hate when she does it out in public. I don't know why, but I always worry about it bothering other people. Luckily, her crying turned out to be a good thing because when the doctor came in, she was able to witness it first hand and I wasn't just another mom whining about my crying baby. The doctor began checking her out and when she looked in her diaper, she noticed how yellow her poop was. It had been very yellow when I took her in at 3 weeks because she was always crying. At that appointment the doctor had told me that maybe I was eating too much dairy and told me to cut back. I didn't think I ate that much anyway, but figured I'd give it a whirl. Since it was still pretty yellow at two months, the doctor told me she believed that Amelia was allergic to milk or something else I was eating. She also believed that it was giving her colon problems. This would explain why she always had poop in her diaper, always had a rash even when ointment was applied, and was always upset. I was given two options: (1) go on a very strict meat and veggie diet, or (2) put her on a very expensive type of formula. I'm not a big meat fan anyway and was so stressed out by the whole thing that I ended up taking the latter route. It has now been a week and a half and I think she seems to be doing a lot better. She still isn't 100%, but our nights don't consist of hours and hours of crying... on both our parts! :) So, I guess we'll just have to go broke in order to have a happy baby. Whatever works, I guess!
6 comments:
What a little beauty she is, fussy and all! I am glad she seems a little better. I think switching to formula was a good idea, anything to make them happier, right? The picture of her and Lincoln on the right is really cute. I could just eat them both up!!
Dang, that stinks! At least they figured it out now while you can still fix it. I can't believe she's already 2 months... she's so stinking cute!!! We just put Connor on formula too to see if it will help his eczema. Nothing changed, but in the meantime, my milk dried out!!! So, he's stuck with formula. However we switched to fragrance free EVERYTHING (soaps, lotions, laundry detergent) and it seems to be getting better. Guess he has irritable skin. I hope she continues to get better though, I'm glad babies don't remember all the crap they have to go through!
That's good that the dr. got to witness first hand what she's been doing and I am glad that things are getting better. It's crazy that in some cases formula can be better than mommy's milk but that just shows the crazy world we live in...what would they have done in the olden days? I don't blame you, I would not liked to have to be on a meat and veggie diet either!!
It's so nice to have answers at least. We went through a similar experience with Emery. He SCREAMED day and night, and the doctors just thought I was a "new mom". Finally I changed doctors and he put him on soy formula and sent us up to Primary Children's. We never got a real answer on what the problem was, but he finally stopped and I finally felt like someone was listening!! I hope this works for you, that's no fun!
I keep meaning to call you to see how that formula is working. (Nutramigen right?) Glad to hear that things are a little better. I can't believe that she is 2 months already. She is seriously adorable! And that hair is too cute! I can't wait to meet her!
Oh goodness! I'm glad you were able to finally figure out what might be the problem. Poor little Amelia. *hugs her* Hopefully she starts feeling 100%
Haha. I got your message on my blog. Dude! I don't know what my deal is...heheh. I think the biggest problem is that somewhere during all the moving, we lost our camera cord. So I just don't feel motivated to make blogs without pictures to go along! I have like a billion pictures on my camera that I'd like to blog about, but no way to get them off of it!
We're gonna get a little card reader for our computer though! So as soon as I get that, I'll be able to get the pictures off our camera and I will blog regularly! I know, I know. You've heard that from me before, haha. But I will.
I'll talk to you soon! <3
Post a Comment