
Last weekend Derek went to California to be in our friends Bob and Renee's wedding. We weighed our options and decided that (a) 12 hours in a car with a 1 year old and 3 week old and (b) sleeping somewhere other than home with a 1 year old and a 3 week old would be more than we wanted to handle, so I stayed home with them. Derek felt bad about leaving me home alone so we flew my Mom up to stay with me and the little ones.
My Mom is so amazing!
She helped me out by getting up with Lincoln every morning so that I could sleep a little longer, changed his diaper, dressed him, and made him yummy breakfast. Here's his Mickey Mouse pancake!

She also helped bathe and dress the kids... which seems to be quite the process for me, so it was nice to have the help!


She went shopping with me to find Lincoln a Halloween costume. We found this cute puppy dog costume that said it was 2-3T but is too snug and I have to take back! :(

She also helped by cleaning up my house, folding my laundry, playing with Lincoln while I fed Amelia, calmly holding Amelia in the evening when she was screaming at the top of her lungs, and on and on. I felt bad that she was doing so much but I am so grateful for the help. The day after she left I felt like I was having Mommy withdrawals. I miss her so much and I'm so glad that she was able to come to my rescue. Thanks a bunch Mom! I love you!
3 comments:
I missed seeing you last weekend, but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to travel with your 2 young ones. It's so good to have your mom there to help- I would know since mine ended up moving in with us when the boys were born!
How great to have a Mom who is willing to do all that. Good thing I have Jeri to help me out in times of need. That is awesome you got to spend that time with her, and for her to be with the kids! Too bad she isn't around all the time, could you even imagine how great that would be?
Mom's are amazing! What would we ever do without them!
Post a Comment