Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome Amelia Marie!

After much anticipation, I'm proud to announce that she has arrived!!! After my last rant of a post I decided to shower and get ready for the long wait of the next day. To my surprise, the hospital called at 10:45 p.m. on Thursday night and said that they could get me in at 11:00 p.m. Even though we had had a long day we decided to go. We rushed to get everything ready and hurried on down to the hospital. They checked and found that I was still dilated to a 3. Really?! I was so surprised that I hadn't made any progress since the week before. Who knows how long she would have stayed in there if we hadn't hurried her along?! They started the pitocin pretty quickly and the doctor broke my water at about 1:30 a.m. I decided if I was going to get an epidural that I may as well get it going. Why put myself through any more pain than absolutely necessary? Then we just hung out and tried to get some rest. I was surprised at how relaxing the night went - I'm sure the epidural helped out a lot! I might consider going through labor again just to experience that! They checked me at 5:15 a.m. and found that I was dilated to an 8. At 5:30 a.m. they checked again and I was fully dilated and ready to go. The doctor arrived shortly after that and with everything set up, I began pushing. Seven pushes later, at 6:00 a.m., she was here! What a difference from the pushing that I did with Lincoln (over an hour). It was so amazing to watch her come into this world. Oddly, it was such a peaceful experience. I could feel pressure but I couldn't feel the pain. I was able to really push but still watch in the mirror as she came out. Amazing!!!

Lincoln showed up later that day to meet his new little sister. My Mom put him down at the door and he just cruised around the room grinning for a few minutes. He finally came over to the side of my bed and when Derek picked him up so he could see Amelia, he looked at her and then up at me. I think he still hasn't quite grasped what is going on but I'm sure he will really notice something is different when all of our visitors are gone and Derek is back to work and it's just me, him and Amelia. It should be interesting.


This is us with Doctor Lochner. She is such a fun person and I'm so glad that I was able to have her deliver both of our kids. I know it's probably silly but I admire her so much and feel such a closeness to her. She's the best!


Once again Derek changed the first diaper. He's such a great Dad and always willing to do the dirty work (while I sit back, relax, and take pictures!).

Luckily, all of the grandparents were able to come and visit. Here is my Dad and Stepmom with Lincoln and Amelia. This is grandbaby #8 for them!


This is Derek's parents with Amelia. This is grandbaby #6 for them and the first granddaughter!

This is my Mom and Stepdad. My Mom was able to be in the room during delivery. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to get here in time for Lincoln's birth so it was pretty exciting when she could make it for Amelia. This is grandbaby # 2 for them!

And here is our little peach Amelia. She is so beautiful and has so much hair! We're not quite sure where it all came from but I am loving it! She ended up being 6lbs. even. She's such a petite little thing and I love to snuggle her. I love her new baby smell!
We had pretty much decided on naming her Savannah but we still couldn't officially make a decision when she arrived. I thought she looked more like an Amelia because of her dark hair and Derek was nice enough to let me pick ( I think he was sick of me bugging him). I'm sure I'll never here the end of it, but it's worth it! I have my little Amelia now!

23 comments:

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so pretty! I love that first picture of her she dosen't look like a new baby, she looks like she already knows whats going on with her eyes wide open like that. I love her name I think it fits her perfectly.

Rendi said...

What a sweetheart! You look wonderful Krystal- are you sure you just had a baby??? I love the pic of Derek changing the diaper with the confused or just really concentrating look on his face! Alan changed all the diapers for the first week while I tried to recover! Keep us posted and I can't wait to meet Amelia.

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, if that first picture is not the cutest I have ever seen, I don't know what is! She is simply adorable. I am glad labor and delivery went so well. I can't wait to cuddle her soon. Congratulations on your new daughter, she is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow, look at that hair!! she is gorgeous!! doesn't lincoln look gigantic next to her? that's what I still think when I see Corbin and Connor together... it's mind blowing! I had the same peaceful experience the 2nd time around too, so I know what you mean. Much nicer than the first! Congratulations, she's incredible!!!

lisamarie said...

Funny how in just one moment, it all becomes worth it...

Congratulations! She is an absolute beauty - and I love her name. We can't wait to meet her in person. We're so happy for you all.

biddles and scootch said...

congratulations! she is just beautiful!

Rendi said...

Oh yeah- I was going to agree that she doesn't look like a Savannah- much more like Amelia. I think blond when I hear Savannah. Alan liked Savannah also so that must be a guy thing!

Marie said...

Ok krystal you look amazing!! I dont remember looking anything like that right after having either one of my babies!!! Amelia is so beautiful and I just love the middle name:) Congrats to you guys!!

Grandmama Laura said...

Absolutly beautiful baby! Congratulations! I'll visit her next week, since I have a little cold now. Can't wait to hold her . . .

Caleb and Shae said...

She is so adorable! You look wonderful! Derek's a good guy to go straight to diaper duty! Amelia is a great name for her! I can't wait to meet her!

Titel Family said...

I am glad that the labor went quick for ya! She's beautiful and we can't wait to meet her in Nov. Lincoln is so cute and looking so much older! I hope he kind of remembers us too! Congrats! We love ya!

Jenny Hilton said...

Congrats! She is adorable. My little mazie had hair just like Amelia in the first pic. Stood straight up. So cute. That's awesome that Derek changes diapers. That is the last thing my husband ever wants to do, and he only does it if he absolutely has to.

Rosenlof 4 said...

Yay! Congratulations to you guys! What a beautiful baby girl and I love her name. Enjoy her!

Running with kids....it's about making the time now! said...

Congratulations! You both look so great! I am so happy for your little growing family.
Congratulations!
Jessica Palmer

Me said...

She's BEAUTIFUL! Ohmigosh, I thought I'd never see a baby as cute as my own, but then Ava showed up, and now little Amelia is giving Ava a run for her money, too. She's absolutely adorable. And I was partial to Amelia Marie all along, so as far as I am concerned, you picked the best name you could have.

You look so cute in the hospital - how do you DO that? I'm pretty sure I never looked that cute for at least the first three months after giving birth.... Sorry we didn't make it up to see you but you left too soon!

Oh, well - can't wait to see her. Congratulations to all of you on your adorable new addition.

Me said...

Forgot to ask you - are you the "FOUR Little Chihuahuas," now?

A Rosie Family said...

Oh Krystal.. I'm so glad that your sweet baby girl is here. My induction was only bumped back half of a day and that was enough to drive me over the edge! Thank goodness it's all over and all went well! Amelia is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet her in person. I love all the hair, perfect for all thoes cute girly accessories. Hope all is going well and that you guys are getting "some" sleep! Congratulations!!

Kristi Case said...

Hi Krystal,
I am Rendi's sister Kristi and I got to your blog from hers-I did meet you awhile ago at Lily and Warrens, anyways..congrats on your beautiful family. The second baby is really alot of fun, much LESS stress! Amelia is so cute.
Feel free to go to my blog...am I the only one that does this?? A blogger voyer? Maybe that didn't sound so good?

Saedi said...

This is Kim Smith (on my friend's computer). She is beautiful Krystal and I love her hair!

The Ingebretsen's... said...

She's a doll! The hair is amazing! How lucky to have a girl with lots of hair. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

I am wondering when you're going to post again! You must be busy:) I am dying to see Amelia again... stupid cold! I think I have almost kicked it!! See you soon!

Dana said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful little girl! I love the name you chose, too! Sorry we didn't get up to see you--you left too soon!! ;o) I can't wait to see her! Hope everything is going well!! Just remember Happiest Baby on the Block!!

Hess Fam said...

Congratulations Bell family! Amelia is ADORABLE!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet her.