Sunday, September 14, 2008

Almost there!

Today I'm 39 weeks pregnant... I can't believe it! Only a few days until induction day and I think we are probably as ready as we will ever be. I have cleaned the house over and over just in case I go into labor, but then I don't and the house just gets dirty all over again. I always like to clean the house before we go on vacation or before I have a baby. I want it to be clean upon my return so I can sit back, relax, and enjoy it. I know, I'm weird. I would have liked to have had more things done in the baby's room, but I'm trying to just let that one go. I haven't been able to find wall decorations that I really like or that even match the colors I have picked out. She won't be in there for the first little while anyway so I figure that buys me some extra time.

This last week has been a rough one for Lincoln. Last weekend his nose got pretty runny but he seemed to be doing alright otherwise. Wednesday night he was tossing and turning through the night and when Derek went in to check on him, he found him burning up. I took his temperature with a digital ear thermometer and first got a reading of 105.7. We tried a couple more times and got a couple of readings in the 104s. I tried not to panic, but there was something about finding my child in that condition in the middle of the night that made it hard not to panic. We gave him some medicine and he fell back to sleep pretty easily. I took him to the doctor the next day to find out that he has an ear infection in both ears. After a day or two on the medicine he began to develop a rash, which we assume is from the medicine. I took him to the doctor today and got a prescription for another medication. Hopefully the rash clears and he begins to get better quickly. It really is so hard to see him sick. He's just not the same little happy guy. We are hoping that he gets better so he's not sick when his little sister arrives.

So, here's to a clean house and healthy babies! Cheers!

9 comments:

A Little Bit of Aloha said...

Wow, you look so cute pregnant! I know what you're saying about two ear infects and a rash...Kea had the exact same. But it all cleared up pretty quickly!! I am so excited for your little girl to come!! I hope that she comes soon, and with ease!! :)

lisamarie said...

I'm so excited for you Krystal. I'm sure it'll be so great to not be pregnant anymore and have that sweet little girl with you. Fun times! I miss it - it's challenging for sure but treasure every second of it cuz it's over in a flash. Best of luck with everything! We can't wait to see her!

Rendi said...

I love that you have to have a clean home to come back to. I always do that too and I have my mom to thank for that. I don't think it is weird at all. I can't believe that this is the week! You look so cute with your big belly. Hopefully Lincoln is all better to greet his little sister. Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see her- she will be just as cute as Lincoln...

Marie said...

How cute are you!! Dont you love that having a sick baby before you have another one. Madelynn had a siezure on my due date with claire. She was so sick and so was derek, I wound up going a week over with claire thank goodness!! I agree about the clean house before you have a baby and when you go on vacation. I hate coming home to a dirty house it makes me not want to come home at all!!! Good luck on your induction date!! I be thinking of you guys I hope everything goes smoothly!!

Titel Family said...

Poor little guy! I hope that Lincoln is feeling better soon! It is so hard to see them sick. Two ear infections is a rough one!
Just let my parents come in and help with cleaning! My Mom is good with helping out like that. We are so excited for our little girl to come!! Plus I am sure you'd like to have your body back to yourself.

Titel Family said...

P.S. You look awesome!!

Anonymous said...

I have to have a clean house when I leave for vacation or go into labor too!!! My mom and sisters stayed at my house when I went into labor with Connor a couple months ago to watch Corbin for me and I threatened death if I didn't come home to my house the way I left it (because my sisters like to be complete slobs from time to time). So I know what you mean and I don't blame you! Jeez... Corbin just got a runny nose last night too. That's the only problem so far but I hope it's all that happens. I had a ton of ear infections when I was a baby to the point of having tubes in my ears so I hope that doesn't happen to my boys. We'll see. You're the cutest pregnant lady ever! Good luck with the new wee one... post tons of pics!

A Rosie Family said...

Why is it that someone seems to ALWAYS get sick right before a big event.(At least that is how it is a my house) Hope that cute guy is feeling better and will be in tip-top condition to meet that sweet new sis of his!

I understand the clean house thing too. You are a girl after my own heart. I did the same thing... about 5 times! You look great, hang in there sista!

Grandma Tamie said...

You are adorable! You make being pregnant look great. I can't wait for her to get here. I wish we had a name to put with her. ha ha Dad called me this morning and he is anxious today. Wanted to come home from work so we could leave early. Jared came over last night so I showed him the little Nemo hat we got for Lincoln, he cracked up. I can't wait to see him in it. Derek may shoot me though. hee hee I love being a Grandma. See you guys soon!