Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Storytime and Emotions

This morning Lincoln and I went to storytime at a local library. I'm very excited and would love to make it a weekly routine. My Mom got Lincoln a book around Christmas and he goes nuts everytime we get it out to read to him. I love that he gets so excited about it and I am hoping that we can read together a lot. The only problem is that storytime is at 10:30 a.m. which is typically around his morning naptime. As most of you know from my last post, sometimes I have a difficult time getting him to nap so I was a little nervous about going. However, I really agreed with you Rendi when you said that it can be a bit of a bad thing when you develop too much of a routine. Kids who have a strict routine and have to break that routine can be miserable to be around. So... I figured we'd give it a shot and see how it went. He fell asleep on the way there but I was able to get him out of the car and keep him asleep. He got a little snooze and then woke up to catch the end of the activity time. Even though it's getting more and more difficult to hold him, I loved every second of holding him while he was asleep. It reminds me of when he was a newborn... except he's huge now!!!


Here is Lincoln watching the big kids play. He wants to run around with them so bad and he's so close to being able to do so. He would yell and scream in excitement as they passed him.


Now, onto emotions. I'm sure that my being pregnant has a lot to do with this but I have been feeling overwhelmed with so many emotions lately. I feel that in our every day lives it is so easy to get caught up in the chaos of everything. But, over the last couple of days I feel as though I could look at Lincoln and burst into tears. I am overcome with appreciation for him. The appreciation I feel is the type that I think we normally experience with something new or the loss of something. It has changed my outlook on many things that he does. So he doesn't take an afternoon nap... or eat much of his meal... or pulls my towels off the rack... or gets into my plants... at least he's around to do those things! I just need to relax and enjoy all of the wonderful little things about him. He is an amazing kid with such a warm personality. I have heard many people say that when you have a second child, you can't imagine loving any kid as much as you do your first. I have been feeling like that but I know that I will love this new baby as much as I do Lincoln. I've got a lotta love to spread around!!! I just figured I'd insert a cute picture of him here.
I also wanted to say that I read so many blogs that discuss stimulating and controversial topics. I would love to do that but always end up writing about all of the things that come along with being a Mom. I guess that's just what happens when it's all you ever do. So I apologize to those of you looking for something stimulating to read. This little guy is my everyday life. But, if anyone has anything exciting that they would like to debate or discuss, I'm always up for it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great mom you are Krys! Always looking to do what is best for Lincoln, but at the same time you are willing to tackle the unknown just to see if it works for him. I really don't think there is one answer to any question when it comes to raising kids. Finding out what works to keep your family happy, and making life fun, at least most of the time, is the best any of us can do. Keep up the great work, you're a marvelous mommy. And oh yeah, You will love your baby girl just as you do Lincoln. They all find a special place in your heart that before you had them, you never knew was missing, and after it is there, you wonder how you ever lived without it. My kids are everyhting to me too, "mommy talk" helps us all to be the best we can so keep it coming. I love you sis!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean when you say you want to write about intersting things but it always comes back to kids (and pregnancy). To me, those are interesting things!!! And as for naps on the previous post, Corbin does take a daily nap, but it varies daily. I believe in a night time schedule but I don't think I need to make sure he's napping at the same time everyday because of the cranky factor. As long as he gets a nap, it's fine with me!!! I'm going to post soon about having a toddler and a newborn so you'll have to check that out... it's interesting, that's for sure! :)

Titel Family said...

I still look at Cody when he falls asleep with me on the couch or in my bed and have an overwhelming feeling of love. I think that's so normal. Sometimes I let him stay in bed with me for a few more minutes just to have him close like when he was a baby. It's just amazing how much you can love your kids. I am sure you will love your next just as much. I guess ask Autumn about that. And no worries about stimulating topics. We are all pretty much talking about our kids most of the time. It's so fun to see updated pictures of you guys since we aren't there to see you guys more often. That's so awesome that Lincoln loves his book too. I still can't get Cody to sit and enjoy a book so enjoy that time while you can. They grow up so fast and then they get mad and cry when they realize that it's time to stop playing with friends and come home with you!

Jenny Hilton said...

Hey Krystal--So glad you came and seen my blog. I am new to this and don't have to many blogging friends. I love that baby countdown. Too bad I will never get to use one of those. cuz I never have to be pregnant again wahoo!!! I am going to add you to my fabulous friends list so I can check in on you more than just once a month at bunko. I like to see that baby grow and your belly too.

Grandma Tamie said...

Mindi said it so beautifully. You are indeed a great Mommy and things do fall into place. Don't be quick to do what the popular book this week says to do. You will find your niche. Parenting is all about learning as you go or should I say grow. You will grow along side your babies and you will both learn from one another. Don't keep to a schedule... they will let you know when they are tired or hungry or when they just want to hang out with Mom and Dad and laugh. You and Derek are the best parents any kid could ever have. Just relax and enjoy every second. Your new little bundle on the way will be loved just as much as Lincoln. Your heart will just bloom. Now about debates... I do know how you love them ha ha, but when your a Mommy its more fun to talk about the kids and all the new things they have learned. I'm so proud of the Mommy you have become. Your the BEST!!! I love you, Love, Your Mommy

Krystal said...

*tear*
Thanks Mom, I learned from the best! I love you!

A Rosie Family said...

Cute post! I can't believe there was a time when I thought that we may never have a child... look at us now! It is soooo amazing how much love you can have for each and everyone of your children!! Really I can't even describe it! Love that little Lincoln and can't wait to meet that sweet little girl!!!!

My One and Only Thought said...

I absolutely LOVE reading your blogs about Lincoln and being a Mom. As someone who doesn't have kids, it's always interesting and stimulating for me to read about your experiences.

I especially love this blog where you talk about the mischevious things Lincoln can do, but at least he's around to do them. I LOVE that! I always try to keep that in mind when it comes to most things in life...sure, Kevin leaves his boots right in the middle of the walkway for me to trip on, but I'm glad he's around to do so.

I think your mom is right. You and Derek will make wonderful parents. You are genuinely good people. Lincoln and the little one on the way are two lucky kids!

lisamarie said...

Can I just tell you how much i LOVE reading about Lincoln and adventures in mommyhood and YOU. I wish we lived closer so I could get to know you better and maybe even have some **live** chats (ha ha) but it is so great to read every word you have to say - even if it's about diapers or cute chubby cheeks or how amazing/hard/ fulfilling/frustrating mommyhood is. Never stop!

Rendi said...

I think I am going to cry! I think that you and Derek are great parents and you are both so much fun to be around. I love being a mom and Autumn stated it well- I went from thinking I would never be a mom and now I don't even remember what it was like before them.
We always went to the library since they were little tots. Continue doing that because they get so much from it. I have pics when the boys were little and I was reading to them. That has stuck with them and now Brendan tells everyone that reading is his hobby!