Well, we're going to give it a try. Camping that is. We have an upcoming trip to Island Park planned. I'm a little nervous about how Lincoln will do and I think, actually I know, that Derek thinks we are completely nuts for trying. It doesn't help that he just talked to someone at work that told him about when this guy and his wife tried to take their one year old camping in a tent. Their baby stayed up all night crying. I just hope that we don't return with the exact same story. I think we'd be more confident if he was an awesome sleeper, but it's really hit and miss with this kid. Last night he was awake talking to himself at 3 a.m. and then again at 5 a.m. We can close our door here and try to get back to sleep but our options are limited in a tent. I think that even more than Lincoln staying awake all night, I'm dreading the "I told you so" look on Derek's face if that's in fact what happens. I don't know why but I just cannot pass up a good opportunity to go camping. As I said in a previous post, I love everything involved with summer... especially camping. Maybe it's selfish of me, but I just keep thinking "what if we don't go and everything would be fine and we miss out on a great camping trip?" We've got to give it a shot! We are going with my Dad's side of the family and this is a once a year chance to see some of them. Hopefully they all don't wish we would have just stayed home! :) So... here we go. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think you're brave to go at 30 weeks of pregnancy even more than a finicky sleeping baby! I pee just about every hour these days so I couldn't handle camping for that alone. Let us know how it goes!
I really hope it goes well! we are going camping in a few weeks and i hope that the same thing doesnt happen with our little 6 mo. old. I've been thinking that maybe a back up would be to sleep in the back of the car with the seats laid down, at least it would be quite for all others involved. GOOD LUCK!
I am impressed with your dedication! I love camping too, but I hesitate with a one year old... You may have very unhappy neighbors. That's okay though because it's better that than the partiers that keep you up all night with their noise. Good luck and I hope you don't have to see the "I told you so" look because that is the worst of all!
Seeing that you won't get this until your back.... How did it go? I hope it went good and you guys had a blast. Camping is the best! I hope Lincoln got to have a smore. Love you guys!
A Big Good Luck to you guys. You are braver than I am but like you said, it could all go fine and you guys could have a good time! Lets think positive! :)Let us know how it goes!
Okay, so how did it go??? Let us know!
Post a Comment