Well, I'm very happy to report that the camping trip went better than we expected and best of all, I didn't have to see the "I told you so!" look on Derek's face! We were pleasantly surprised when he slept pretty well through the night and even managed to get some naps in. I'm sure he slept so well because he wasn't getting as long of naps as he usually does, so when he went to sleep he really crashed. Our challenge was keeping him entertained throughout the day. He is walking a little on his own but not enough to just let him run free. It was hard because he wanted to be down on the ground but there was nowhere for him to really go. Luckily, we were with other people that had trailers so we could occassionally take him in there and let him roam around. Here are some pictures from the trip:
Lincoln helping me pack!
Lincoln and his cousin Logan cruising around in the wagon eating some yummy butterscotch oatmeal cookies! I love all the goodies that come along with camping!

My neice Ava enjoying the woods.

All of us at Yellowstone.


I figured I'd get a belly shot while we had the camera out. I've been bad about taking pictures this time around. I don't want to seem like a whiner, but I definitely underestimated how difficult camping would be while 7 months pregnant. I was so worried about Lincoln doing okay that I didn't even think about how it would be for me. I felt like a whale trying to get up and off of an air matress... not to mention trying to flip over and readjust all the while trying to be quiet so I don't wake up Lincoln. I made bathroom trips at night only when I knew I would pee the bed otherwise. But, I survived and had a good time.

This is Eric with Jack, Jeff with Kate or Jane (never can tell them apart), and Caleb with Logan.

The campsite had an indoor pool. The kids seemed to have a blast!

Lincoln liked standing on the edge and walking to us in the water. Notice that the mohawk is gone?

We even got to go for a motorcycle ride. I think the only part Lincoln didn't like was the helmet... it was practically as big as him!


My nephew Jack eating two tomatoes. This kid likes his veggies!

Overall, we had a good time. We got to go to yellowstone, swim, ride a four wheeler, sit by the campfire, eat lots of good food, and visit with family. Thanks to everyone that helped us while we were there! Every little bit helps!
8 comments:
So glad to hear that all went well! Lincoln is so cute! Now I really want to go camping since we haven't been yet. We are supposed to plan with a group of friends to go out with their boat...
I can't imagine camping with a 1 year old, let alone camping while pregnant!!!! I can't sleep on my pillowtop mattress 7 months pregnant, so an air mattress is just unheard of!
Love the belly picture.....I dont remember looking like that when i was pregnant:) You are such a trooper going camping being so pregnant. Im not sure if i would have been so brave. Looks like alot of fun though. Lincoln is just getting cuter by the day!! Im so glad that you guys had fun!!
yaaay. i'm glad camping worked out!
man, i miss yellowstone so much.
i've been sick for about the past...10 days. i had a really bad kidney infection. :( it was horrid, but i'm getting better.
nicki is coming to visit on friday! i'll take lots of pictures and then finally get a blog post together. hehe. <3
hope you are doing well.
Glad you didn't have to see Derek's I told you so face! Looks like you guys had a blast! And you look great in your belly shot and pig tails!! I would love to hit up Yellow Stone again...someday!
How fun! I'm glad it all worked out and you are amazing for sleeping on an air mattress! Love the pictures.
I'm so glad you guys had a good time. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Lincoln is getting so big, I'm already counting down the days till I see him. You look GREAT kiddo, I wish I would have looked that good when I was pregnant with all of you. Love you guys and miss you tonz.
you are one brave mama! It is more the sleeping situation for me camping prego!! Sounds like it was fun and worth it. You seem to be happy doing anything!
Post a Comment