Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This weekend we were prepared to hunker down for a pretty serious storm that was supposed to hit on Saturday. Which reminds me... does anyone else around here ever notice that the major storms always seem to happen on the weekend? "Yay... Derek doesn't have to work, but wait... we can't go anywhere because we might possibly just slide right off the road!" Scary. Anyway, Saturday didn't end up being bad so we took advantage and did some Christmas returning. I always prefer to wait a few weeks. By Christmas I've usually had my fair share of crowds and waiting in the return line isn't exactly my fav. We had a wonderful day and kept joking "some blizzard." Then Sunday arrived... along with the blizzard. Derek went out to shovel around noon and it just kept on snowing. I must admit that even though I'm a warm weather kind of girl, the snow if very beautiful. There's nothing quite like the silence that accompanies a good snow storm. All is peaceful. Late Sunday afternoon the storm let up and we were able to take Lincoln out to play in the snow a bit. For those of you that don't know, we have a very long and narrow driveway. We either have to shovel the snow to the front or back yard. There's no where in the middle to put it, if that makes since. So, this storm has given us a snow pile that is nearly as tall as me... which I suppose might not say much. We are standing in front of it in the pictures. Can't wait til next year when Lincoln can run and play in it!


6 comments:

My One and Only Thought said...

Hehe. Your posts and pictures are sooo0o cute. I was laughing out loud.

Lincoln will have a blast on those huge piles of snow.

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas, and congratulations to Derek! That is something to be proud of.

Kevin and I have the Rock Band game, it's similar to guitar hero but it comes with drums, 2 guitars, and a mic...it's loads of fun to play as a group. I should bring it over sometime!

Talk to ya soon <3

Titel Family said...

Looks soooo cold! We will be there at the end of the month. Lincoln has the cutest smile. Cute little family.

lisamarie said...

How could he be any cuter? Keep taking tons of pictures of that boy -

Wow! So many exciting things. Congrats to Derek - congrats on the big decision. You have such a cute house and sounds like Derek has a great job, and like I said earlier, you have family. What else do you need? (A little CA sunshine occasionally will do you good of course). I'm happy for you guys. I literally want to see Lincold soooo bad. I really think you should consider a San Francisco vacation...I'm not going to stop hounding you about it either.... :)

lisamarie said...

How could he be any cuter? Keep taking tons of pictures of that boy -

Wow! So many exciting things. Congrats to Derek - congrats on the big decision. You have such a cute house and sounds like Derek has a great job, and like I said earlier, you have family. What else do you need? (A little CA sunshine occasionally will do you good of course). I'm happy for you guys. I literally want to see Lincold soooo bad. I really think you should consider a San Francisco vacation...I'm not going to stop hounding you about it either.... :)

A Rosie Family said...

Looks like a fun winter wonderland. Hopefully we can visit soon.. while there is still snow. Stay warm!

biddles and scootch said...

can he be any cuter? seriously, what a doll!! Melissa