Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Happy Halloween!

When I was a little kid, one of my favorite holidays was Halloween. I was totally devastated when the day came that I was too big to go trick-or-treating – you know, when you get those nasty looks from people reluctantly but politely handing you candy. But no worries, cause I’m back in the game! Even though Lincoln can’t walk quite yet, we were able to celebrate Halloween with him. Last Friday we went to a trunk-or-treat at my dad’s work. We went with my brother and his kids... it was a lot of fun. We made it about halfway through the line and the kids were tuckered out. On Saturday, we went to a family party and we got to dress up again. I should clarify that by “we” I mean Lincoln and I. Derek says that someone has to be the party pooper. Boring! Then on Halloween we took Lincoln trick-or-treating to my dad’s house and then to Derek’s parents house. I know it will never be quite the same as when I was a kid... but this is close enough! We had a great time! Here’s a few pictures from our busy week.

Halloween night:
Grandpa and Grandma Bell with our little horsie.
A horsie, witch, and an accountant.



Grandpa Thompson with a horise, Snow White, and a pumpkin.

Saturday, Oct. 27th:
Johnny Bravo!

Ok... so maybe he dressed a little country.

My cousin Robert, his wife Dana, and their two daughters Anabelle and Maryjane.
Friday, October 26th:
Two studs at the trunk-or-treat.



Just itchin' to get out and run!
I had to sneak a picture of Snow White... she's camera shy.
Jack the Skeleton.

5 comments:

My One and Only Thought said...

Hahaha. You're back in the game! That's so funny. You're right though. I never really thought of that, but you do get to experience Halloween all over again when you have kids.

Speaking of kids...I think we're getting closer and closer to being ready for our own! It doesn't feel perfect yet though. There's a lot I'd like to do before it happens. You know how practical I am. I'd like to have a real house, pay off debts, buy a nice SAFE family car (ya know, side airbags, curtain airbags, steel- armored plates, some kind of magic force that repels all other cars from crashing into us - ya know, just the basics!)

Also, I'm just really enjoying spending time with Kevin. I'm not in any huge rush to change our lovely, carefree little life. Hehe.

And WOW! Lincoln looks unbelivably cute as a horse. He's seriously so handsome. You're going to have quite a looker on your hands. I can see it already!

biddles and scootch said...

Lincoln is so cute! I keep thinking about your super cute coctumes last year when you announced your pregnancy!! Time flys huh??

Titel Family said...

He's so cute!! Just wait, it gets even better as they get older and then you will have your holiday back again!!

A Rosie Family said...

Is Lincoln the cutest little giraffe or what! I love it that you dress up too!! Porter kept asking me what I was dressing up as... maybe next year. Hope your halloween was great!

A Rosie Family said...

I just realized I wrote GIRAFFE! I meant HORSIE!! I swear I'm loosing it!!!!